11 Beauty benefits of sandalwood: How to use sandalwood powder in your beauty applications, beauty uses of sandal/chandan
Published By NUTANkumarisinha on 2012-06-06 109127 Views
Every woman yearns for fair, soft and glowing skin. For the want of looking beautiful, women spend a lot of money in beauty parlours to get that vibrant skin. But ever thought of giving into the gentle caress of nature for getting that silky skin without burning a hole in your pocket? Nature has a wonderful ingredient in her kitty, that is sandalwood or chandan.Sandalwood is a boon to your skin. In this article you will find the amazing 11 beauty benefits of sandalwood. All these beauty uses of sandal/chandan are very safe and effective on the skin. Read on to know how to use sandalwood powder in your beauty applications.
Beauty benefits of sandalwood
1. Apply sandalwood/chandan powder mixed with rose water all over your face. And let it dry for some time. Next, dampen the dry sandalwood face mask by spraying a little water over it. Then, rub gently to remove the mask. This face mask helps to cure all types of facial blemishes and it removes the prickly heat fast triggered by excessive sweating. This face mask has drying effects on the skin. If your skin is dry ,then you can use milk in place of rose water.
2. Take 4 spoons of sandalwood powder and coconut oil each with 2 spoons of almond oil. Apply this mix on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Next, wash off with warm water. This face mask has a softening effect on your skin; it helps in fading sunburn and helps in curing suntan, given the healing and soothing properties of sandalwood/chandan powder.
3. Mix one spoon of sandalwood powder, one spoon of turmeric powder and a pinch of camphor together. Apply this magical mix on your acne, acne scars and blackheads. For best results, leave it on overnight. This home remedy works like a magic in reducing acne, acne scars and blackheads.
4. Apply one spoon of almond powder and one spoon of sandalwood /chandan powder with milk on your face and neck. This preparation gives you fairer complexion gradually.
5. Mix sandalwood/chandan powder with little amount of camphor and water. You can apply this solution on your slight burns, rashes and allergies. It can be used to treat skin diseases like psoriasis, psoriasis or eczema also.
6. There is a type of sandal that is called rakt - chandan or red sandal wood. This is very helpful in improving the complexion and fading scars.
7. Sandalwood oil is a great skin softening agent. You can massage your face with sandalwood oil. You can add sandalwood power to your favorite massage oil and let it sit for 12 hours. You can buy sandalwood oil from the market also to massage your face.
8. You can dab the mix of sandalwood powder, turmeric and lavender oil on the itchy swelling of an insect bite. This application gives immediate results in reducing the swelling. This mixture also works as an insect repellent.
9. You can apply multani mitti mixed with sandalwood /chandan powder and rose water on your face .This face mask helps in giving you a fair and flawless skin. This face mask is good for oily skin type.
10. Mix together cucumber juice, lemon juice, curd ,honey, sandalwood power and juice of a tomato or potato juice. Apply this mix on your face for getting flawless skin and curing suntan
11. Take an egg yolk, honey/curd, sandalwood power and lavender essential oil. Beat the egg and mix it with all ingredients to make a thick paste. This face mask is a great aid in warding off wrinkles and sagging skin.
By now, you are aware of the best 11 beauty benefits of sandalwood powder. Now you know very well how to use sandalwood powder in your beauty applications. Try out these beauty uses of sandal/chandan in your beauty care regimen right now. And get set to explore your skin to the admiring eyes!
15 beauty benefits of fuller’s earth :How to use multani mitti in your beauty applications,beauty uses of fuller’s earth/multani mitti